Get the lyrics to the song: How Van Nuys Got It's Name by Allan Sherman at LyricsKeeper.com.
How Van Nuys Got It's Name
|How Van Nuys Got It's Name Lyrics|
What Are The Lyrics For How Van Nuys Got It's Name By Allan Sherman?
Hey, there are a lot of Californians here, are there not?
Are you familiar with where I live near Los Angeles, Van Nuys?
Well, do you happen to know how Van Nuys got its name?
Oh, I should tell you. It's a great historical sidelight.
In the early days of the pioneers, hundreds of years ago,
When they first came in the covered wagons from the east to the west,
They went all the way across and they got to the top of the Santa Monica mountains.
And they looked down and they saw the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean,
And they saw this vast expanse of green valley in front of them.
And then, the assistant chief pioneer turned to the chief pioneer, and he said,
"Oh, chief pioneer, what do you think of this beautiful vast expanse of gorgeous green valley?"
And the chief pioneer said, "Very nice!"
Who Wrote How Van Nuys Got It's Name By Allan Sherman?
What's The Duration Of The How Van Nuys Got It's Name By Allan Sherman?
The duration of How Van Nuys Got It's Name is 1:06 minutes and seconds.
Lyrics Of The Day
- Motorpsycho: Nothing to Say With words big as headlines…
- Electric President: The Ocean Floor It's hard to get a solid breath down here…
- Karen Gunderson: The Girl from Ipanema Tall and tan and young and lovely…
- Talk Of The Town: People Get Ready People get ready…
- Sue Matthews: On My Way to You So often as I wait for sleep I find myself reciting…