Get the lyrics to the song: Sunday Afternoon by Ednita Nazario at LyricsKeeper.com.
|Sunday Afternoon Lyrics|
What Are The Lyrics For Sunday Afternoon By Ednita Nazario?
Salvador, the afternoon sunlight is folding around us,
The dishes are done,
The buildings here, tall as our mountains
Sliced through the windows and cut off the sun.
On such days I find I am longing for Puerto Rico
Though I never would return 'til you are free
But when I hear the Aguinaldo my heart's a little lighter
And we danced together Aurea and me
In my life I've been unlucky with two husbands
Gumersindo liked his rum and women friends
Then that hypocrite who beat you and preached about repentance
Has gone, and so another Sunday ends
And tomorrow is another hard working Monday
I'm still hoping for the raise they promised me
There's a job as operator
I would not have to wait for
If I could speak the language easily
But I tell Aurea
The barrio's boundaries are our own little nation
Sometimes I hear you run up stairs
And I view my light with resignation
Keep your bible near you
Time is an ocean of endless tears.
Who Wrote Sunday Afternoon By Ednita Nazario?
Derek Walcott, Paul Simon
What's The Duration Of The Sunday Afternoon By Ednita Nazario?
The duration of Sunday Afternoon is 3:32 minutes and seconds.
Lyrics Of The Day
- Jean-Pierre Rampal: Someone to Watch over Me There's a saying old says that love is blind…
- CJSS: Danger You know what time it is, nigga…
- Skant Bone: Smokin' on Information [Snoop (Layzie)]…
- Sylk 130: Last Night a DJ Saved My Life last night a DJ saved my life…
- Patachou: Les Amoureux des bancs publics Les gens qui voient de travers pensent que les bancs verts…