Gordon Jenkins - Birth of the Blues Lyrics
Get the lyrics to the song: Birth of the Blues by Gordon Jenkins at LyricsKeeper.com.
Birth of the Blues
|Birth of the Blues Lyrics|
What Are The Lyrics For Birth of the Blues By Gordon Jenkins?
Oh! they say some people long ago
Were searching for a diff'rent tune
One that they could croon
As only they can
They only had the rhythm so
They started swaying to and fro
They didn't know just what they had
And that is how the blues really began
They heard the breeze in the trees
Singing weird melodies
And they made that
The start of the blues
And from a jail came the wail
Of a down hearted frail
And they played that
As part of the blues
From a whippoorwill out on a hill
They took a new note
Pushed it through a horn
'til it was born into a blue note
And then they nursed it, rehearsed it
And gave out the news
That the southland
Gave birth to the blues!
Who Wrote Birth of the Blues By Gordon Jenkins?
B.g. Desylva, Lew Brown, Ray Henderson
What's The Duration Of The Birth of the Blues By Gordon Jenkins?
The duration of Birth of the Blues is 3:28 minutes and seconds.
0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Lyrics Of The Day
- Earl Lewis & the Channels: I Only Have Eyes for You My love must be a kind of blind love…
- Star Eyes: Take Me Home Is this my big break?…
- Sleeper: Nice Guy Eddie So I'll admit that it all started as a scam…
- Earlene Bentley: Another Op'nin', Another Show Another op'nin', another Show…
- Los Dinamicos: Twist Again Come on let's twist again…