Get the lyrics to the song: The Birth of the Blues by Gordon MacRae at LyricsKeeper.com.
The Birth of the Blues
|The Birth of the Blues Lyrics|
What Are The Lyrics For The Birth of the Blues By Gordon MacRae?
Oh! they say some people long ago
Were searching for a diff'rent tune
One that they could croon
As only they can
They only had the rhythm so
They started swaying to and fro
They didn't know just what they had
And that is how the blues really began
They heard the breeze in the trees
Singing weird melodies
And they made that
The start of the blues
And from a jail came the wail
Of a down hearted frail
And they played that
As part of the blues
From a whippoorwill out on a hill
They took a new note
Pushed it through a horn
'til it was born into a blue note
And then they nursed it, rehearsed it
And gave out the news
That the southland
Gave birth to the blues!
Who Wrote The Birth of the Blues By Gordon MacRae?
B.g. Desylva, Lew Brown, Ray Henderson
What's The Duration Of The The Birth of the Blues By Gordon MacRae?
The duration of The Birth of the Blues is 4:05 minutes and seconds.
Lyrics Of The Day
- Motorpsycho: Nothing to Say With words big as headlines…
- Electric President: The Ocean Floor It's hard to get a solid breath down here…
- Karen Gunderson: The Girl from Ipanema Tall and tan and young and lovely…
- Talk Of The Town: People Get Ready People get ready…
- Sue Matthews: On My Way to You So often as I wait for sleep I find myself reciting…