Get the lyrics to the song: Farewell to the Gold by Nic Jones at LyricsKeeper.com.
Farewell to the Gold
|Farewell to the Gold Lyrics|
What Are The Lyrics For Farewell to the Gold By Nic Jones?
Shotover river, your gold it is waning
It's weeks since the colour I've seen
But it's no use just sitting and Lady Luck blaming
So I'll pack up and make the break clean
Farewell to the gold that never I found
Goodbye to the nuggets that somewhere abound
For it's only when dreaming that I see you gleaming
Down in the dark, deep underground
It's nearly two years since I left my old mother
For adventure and gold by the pound
With Jimmy the prospector - he was another
For the hills of Otago was bound
We worked the Cardrona's dry valley all over
Old Jimmy Williams and me
But they were panning good dirt on the winding Shotover
So we headed down there just to see
We sluiced and we cradled for day after day
Making hardly enough to get by
Til a terrible flood swept poor Jimmy away
During six stormy days in July
Who Wrote Farewell to the Gold By Nic Jones?
Paul Theodore Metsers
What's The Duration Of The Farewell to the Gold By Nic Jones?
The duration of Farewell to the Gold is 5:18 minutes and seconds.
Lyrics Of The Day
- Shaira: Lo Que Tenía Ay, ay, ay, ay…
- The Searchers: Needles and Pins [Version] I saw her today, I saw her face, it was a face I loved, and I knew…
- Wynonna: Keeps Me Alive This is my story, this is my glory…
- Sodi: Orane [Hypnotic] Orane disparue un soir, Orane disappeared one night…
- Anne Marie Ruljancich: Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo Not another extastential cowboy…