Get the lyrics to the song: Singer by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds at LyricsKeeper.com.
What Are The Lyrics For Singer By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds?
As I walk these narrow streets
Where a million passing feet have troped before me
With my guitar in my hand
Suddenly I realize nobody knows me
Where yesterday the multitude
Screamed and cried my name out for a song
Today the streets are empty
And the crowds have all gone home
I pass a million houses
But there is no place that I belong
All I knew to give you
Was song after song after song
All the truths I tried to tell you
Were as distant to you as the moon
Born 200 years too late
And 200 years too soon
I'm a child of this age
Locked into the pages of your book
And when I am but dust and clay
And all the children stop to take a look
Will they marvel at the miracles I did perform
And the heights I did aspire
Or will they tear out the pages of the book,
To light a fire
With the rain on my face
There is no place that I belong
Did you forget this fucking singer so soon?
And did you forget my song?
Who Wrote Singer By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds?
Charles E. Daniels, Johnny R. Cash
Lyrics Of The Day
- George Shuffler: Beautiful Star of Bethlehem Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem…
- Miss Kay: Christmas Cookies I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar…
- The Applebaum Jazz Piano Duo: Caravan [Instrumental] Night and stars above that shine so bright…
- Jemini the Gifted One: Don't Do Drugs They call me mister hustler…
- Ed McCurdy: Jesse James Jesse James was a lad that killed many a man…