Get the lyrics to the song: The Singer by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds at LyricsKeeper.com.
|The Singer Lyrics
What Are The Lyrics For The Singer By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds?
As I walk these narrow streets
Where a million passing feet have troped before me
With my guitar in my hand
Suddenly I realize nobody knows me
Where yesterday the multitude
Screamed and cried my name out for a song
Today the streets are empty
And the crowds have all gone home
I pass a million houses
But there is no place that I belong
All I knew to give you
Was song after song after song
All the truths I tried to tell you
Were as distant to you as the moon
Born 200 years too late
And 200 years too soon
I'm a child of this age
Locked into the pages of your book
And when I am but dust and clay
And all the children stop to take a look
Will they marvel at the miracles I did perform
And the heights I did aspire
Or will they tear out the pages of the book,
To light a fire
With the rain on my face
There is no place that I belong
Did you forget this fucking singer so soon?
And did you forget my song?
Who Wrote The Singer By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds?
Charles E. Daniels, Johnny R. Cash
What's The Duration Of The The Singer By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds?
The duration of The Singer is 3:09 minutes and seconds.
Lyrics Of The Day
- Joe: Like Never Before You're gonna make me smile like I've never smiled…
- Blake Jenner: I Saw Her Standing There Well she was just seventeen…
- Kai Hansen: Valhalla High in the sky Where eagles fly…
- New York Studio Orchestra: I Guess I'll Have To Cry, Cry, Cry My cup is running over…
- Billy Hart: After You've Gone Now won't you listen honey, while I say…